CNC Official Communication 2
CAMBRIDGE NETBALL CENTER 2021 – GRADING
The CNC Grading Committee would like to confirm the grading process for Premier Women’s, Premier Mixed, Premier Reserve and Senior grades for the 2021 season.
PREMIER WOMEN’S GRADE
Top four (4) teams at the completion of the 2020 CNC Premier Women’s League gained an automatic position within the 2021 Premier Women’s League and are not required to grade. These teams are:
- Hautapu Premier
- SPFC Fury
- Leamington Premier
- Northern United Pulse
All other teams wishing to play in the CNC Wednesday night Premier Women’s League are required to grade in order to gain one of the four (4) remaining places in the league. These teams are:
- St Peters Premier 2
- OSC (Otorohonga Sports Club)
- Hautapu Rampage
- Te Hono Black
- Allied HOB Collins Automotive
- TVP Hydra
- Leamington Premier Reserve
- Ecolab Hinuera Prem
- Grading will be held on Monday 12th and Monday 19th April 2021
- Grading will take place on outdoor courts at Cambridge Netball Centre, 12 Scott Street, Leamington.
- Each grading team will play each other once.
- Games will be made up of 2 x 10 min halves with a 3 minute break. - All teams will play 4 x 20 minute games on the 12th April and 3 x 20 minute games on the 19th April.
- Games will start at 6.15 pm, 6.45 pm, 7.15 pm and 7.45 pm.
- Registered team umpires will be required to umpire grading games.
** Players are only eligible to play in the teams in which they are registered. Clubs entering more than one team may not use individual players across multiple teams.
PREMIER MIXED GRADE
Grading will not be required for the 2021 CNC Premier Mixed Grade as only two (2) teams were registered for this competition. In endeavouring to provide opportunity to all, teams which do not meet the grading requirements of the Premier Women’s grade will be automatically allocated a position within the Premier Mixed grade. For this purpose, Premier Women’s teams that move to the Premier Mixed league will be allowed to change their registered player list within 5 working days of the completion of the Premier Women’s League grading. Acceptance or decline of a place within the Premier Mixed league as well as player registration changes are to be received by close of business on Monday 26th April.
Grading for the Premier Reserve Saturday league is dependent on the results of Premier Women’s grading and allowing for unsuccessful teams to grade into the Premier Reserve League. If there are teams which wish to enter the Saturday league after the completion of the Premier Women’s grading, then grading for the Premier Reserve League will be required.
Because of the need to wait until the completion of Premier Women’s grading, the grading dates for the Premier Reserve League have been changed. Grading for this league will now take place on Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd of May 2021.
A number of dates were considered for grading this league; however, the grading committee are mindful of the placement of the start of school holidays and Anzac weekend.
IF grading is deemed necessary:
- All teams will play each other once.
- Games will be 2 x 10 min halves with a 3 minute break
- Game start times to be confirmed subject to grading requirements.
ALL OTHER SENIOR GRADES
All other grades will commence their season on Saturday 8th May. The first three weeks will act as grading for appropriate grades prior to the beginning of the promotion relegation rounds.